What is this?
● Kleptocrazy Malaysia encourages the public to become more participatory in combating corruption and abuse of power through submission of photos and videos online. Those without photo evidences can also share their personal experiences in their dealings with public officials
● This is a secured website where the public can be active in reporting suspicious public officials with suspicious possessions of wealth and assets to hold them accountable.
● It is also the right of people to know how the taxpayers’ money and other public expenditures are being utilized.
Why should I report?
● Soaring cases of corruption and abuse of power involving public officials have put Malaysians in an economic and social quakes. Information with regard to the wealth and assets of public officials are not disclosed to the public, thus, making them immune from public scrutiny.
● There is no comprehensive law on asset declaration in Malaysia, therefore, the public need to push for it through Kleptocrazy Malaysia.
● In other countries, comprehensive laws on asset declaration has proven effective in holding the public officials accountable, where information related to their wealth and assets are made accessible to public.
Who to target?
● The FATF Glossary definition of “politically exposed person (PEP)” is meant to have the same meaning as the term persons with “prominent public functions” as used in UNCAC Article 52. We are looking for unexplained wealth connected to:
a) Domestic PEPs: individuals who are or have been entrusted domestically with prominent public functions
b) Foreign PEPs: individuals who are or have been entrusted with prominent public functions by a foreign country
c) Family members are individuals who are related to a PEP either directly (consanguinity) or through marriage or similar (civil) forms of partnership.
d) Close associates are individuals who are closely connected to a PEP, either socially or professionally.
What is welcome here?
● Any photos (ideal size of 2MB, 1650 X 1000) or videos (uploaded on Youtube) that describe and illustrate the suspicious wealth and assets of public officials. The reporter can decide whether to disclose his/her identity.
What is not welcome here?
● Moral-policing and slanderous content
● Obscene, lewd and pornographic content
● Hate speech and racially and ethnically offensive content
*The web admin will take down any content in violation any of the guidelines
What is next?
● C4 will review the gravity of the reported cases and then, if necessary, be prolonged to the enforcement authority to launch investigation. However, in order to do that, the photos or videos should be clear and accurate to become a valid proof.
Take Action Right Away [REPORT NOW]